In compliance with a San Diego County Public Health Order issued on Novembers 10, 2020, La Flecha House will be closed to visitors. We look forward to seeing you as soon as we can re-open! Staff will be available by appointment only. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858)756-9291 with any questions.
RSFHS is looking for volunteers of all ages to help with the digital archives project, an initiative to make publicly accessible all archival holdings via the RSFHS website. We are looking for multiple volunteers interested in the following tasks:
- Scanning and digitizing archival materials, including photographs, newspapers, correspondence, drawings, and pamphlets;
- Creating container lists for the archival boxes in the storage room (will involve lots of reading and learning about RSF!);
- Researching and drafting posts of interest to RSFHS’s social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter;
- Photographing the space and some of the materials that cannot be scanned, such as objects and larger flat items;
- Other archives tasks as needed.
This will be a perfect opportunity for archives and library science students, historians (or history buffs), or high school students looking for exposure and willing to take ownership of a project. However, the opportunity is open to anyone – we’d love to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 858-756-9291.
RSFHS takes Covid precautions seriously and will make sure our volunteers feel safe and distanced. We currently require masks when working in and visiting the space, and operate with a maximum capacity of 10 people indoors.
Rancho Santa Fe Historical Society
- John Vreeburg – President
- Peggy Brooks – Vice President
- Susie Ault – Secretary
- Kim Snyder – Treasurer
- Max Wuthrich – At Large
- Vearl Smith – At Large
- Executive Director – Cass Kaminetz