Juan Osuna’s second home was built much like his first, with thick adobe walls and deep recessed windows. After his death in 1847, his widow, Juliana, lived here until her death. It remained in the Osuna family until the Santa Fe Railway purchased the land grant in 1906. This small ranch house became the headquarters of the railroad and later its Santa Fe Land Improvement Company. It was from this rural setting that Rancho Santa Fe was created. c. mid 1920s.